Monday, November 15, 2010

A Jedi's strength flows from the Force

So I was on the local radio the other day. It was pretty cool. I talked about how I like the food. But the equipment was all old and rendom, which I thought was awesome.

I went to this spot where Sawaziland South Africa and Moazambique meet. That was cool. The I made home made peanut butter the other day with some friends. It was really rich and that was cool too. There are some other things that have been going on. but I forgot my paper with a bunch of notes. my bad next time.

Also sorry for spelling grammar errors. I am in a hurry and computer is in Portuguese. So my language is coming along. I am trying to apply myself more. Tomorrow I want to try and not use English for an entire day. My friend Mika did not talk at all yesterday and he has inspired me to not use English for a day. Gandhi inspired him. Ok I will load some pics this weekend in Maputo. I am buying a drum too.

Teaching today went really well. It is pretty easy to teach basic English to stuents who volunteer to come to school on their summer break. Peace and do goood things


Jimmy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

James
Can't wait to see the pictures, it would be cool to see pictures of your host familiy, good idea about getting a drum, it is a good way to communicate in Africa. I am coaching Jodi for her 8 mile turkey run on Thanksgiving, she is running an 8 minute 34 second mile now I want her to lose about 25 pounds and run a 8 minute mile get back with, you student here Oldman

Anonymous said...

Oldman! Jodi better be running a lot faster than that! And how did you gain 25 sounds? Well i can write on here ok with out logging on. I spoke English a couple times today but overall did not. I think it helped, plus everyone was talking to me in Portuguese too. Peace love Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Please allow me to interpret for the old man. He means he wants Jodi to cut 25 seconds off her mile, not pounds. User error. Anyways, Sounds like everything is cool there. Especially since you used that word twenty times. I just registered for classes today and I'm pretty sure I'll be taking spanish this year. So hopefully, in the next two years I can be Bilingual. Anyways, I'll write you in more detail at a later date. Let the Force Flow.

Anonymous said...

Now I know how he really feels I need to lose 25pounds to run faster.Im laughing, ( that old man). But yes would be awesome to shave 25seconds off but don't know that it will happen this race. Maybe if I get more competitive. Did you get my last e mali? Im not sending any more letters until I get your new address so let me know when you get it. Hope all is well miss your presence around here
Love Jodi

Anonymous said...

Jimmy!
cant wait for the pictures. jodi would disapear if she lost 25lbs! glad to hear portuguese is coming along too bad you couldnt get a headset and listen to it on tape while you sleep...thats supposed to help. the drum should be a sweet addition to the uke. stay safe
ashley