Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Ashley,

No nicknames.

Jodi,

I have not been eating much packaged foods. Diet is close to the states. Lots of oil and meat though. I have not done anything extremely cool yet. Went to the waterfall. Ran for 72 minutes yesterday, then twisted my ankle today, it is swollen and hurts a little. Im good tho. Running here is nice. Lots of rolling hills and trails.

Tia,

They listen to a lot of American music and Mocambican music is similar to US dance, pop, and hip hop. The sunsets are really nice. Ill try to get some good pics. I tried to see a sunrise this week but really dusty and no good on that morning. sun rises at about 4:45 though.

Overall... Portuguese is getting better. I find out where I go in two weeks then get a weekend off. Going with some friends to the capitol. I start doing some model school teaching in two weeks. Next week get to learn about gardening and work out in the field.

So I cut my hair. And gave my hair to my host niece. She was really excited and is going to weave it into hers. Haha, so thats cool. I cut it when I first got here. I didnt really want to, but it is way cleaner. Ok im going to get going. Might have some pics on facebook if people tag me. We had a Halloween party last weekend it was fun. Well I think that is it. Peace and do good things


Love Jimmy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

James
you cut your hair wow, how short,still got your beard? watched a tv show about the first PeaceCorps volunteers today, pretty interesting, lots of original guys still alive, got lots of pencils for you, Dave said he was going to send you pencils too. How many key boards do you want? Any other supplies you want? Found your electric razor. Me and Jon having a OldMan and Son and Tater day today going to Eagle Point. Let me know if you want any certain song tabs. need any ukuele stuff strings tuner? Love the OldMan

Anonymous said...

Hey Kid,
Nice to hear all your news. Sorry about your ankle. Cant believe only 2 more weeks. Well talk to you tomorrow, got a new international calling card much cheaper. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Jim,
Gosh to to hear all is well and seems like you are enjoying your endeavor! I woulld imagine with the very dry climate dust is an issue often but maybe you will see a great sunrise soon. I sunrise and sunsets here now clouds are all over with change in weather they are spectacular. I have heard chickens, dogs and cats are of plenty there, but have you seen any wildlife? Hopefully you run in populated areas? Well honey continue to put your mark on Africa and say well. Love Tia

Anonymous said...

Jimmy!
cut your hair huh didnt want to take the dreads approach :)well at least it went to good use now john is the last man standing in the hair war his is long and flowing im sure jod is just loving it. the days are so short here now by the time im driving home it is getting dark and the sun most certianly isnt rising at 445! stay safe
ashley