Sunday, May 29, 2011

Laugh it up, fuzzball

Im in Chokwe, downloading stuff and looking up things for my students to practice reading with. I went to Guija yesterday and stayed the night there. One of my close friend's boyfriend is visiting from the US. So I went to hang out with them, they cooked dinner and we just chilled. Today I help them with some gardening and got some nasty blisters now.

It is winter here and finally starting to get cold at night. I wore my sweatshirt last night for the first time this year. I have been battling boredom a lot lately. I watched every episode of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia in the last couple weeks. Those guys are such scumbags but they make me laugh. But now I think I back on track. Im motivated to try some new things teaching. Im also downloading some music stuff and a chess program.

My Portuguese is improving. I have been studying and started tutoring with my Director most days once again. He also gave me a ride to town yesterday and that was awesome. Then we had lunch n Chokwe and he took some groceries back to Mabalane for me.

I have been playing basketball most days and there are some weights at this one guys house in the village. Maybe I wrote about it already but it is really cool to be able to lift weights a couple times a week. They are old train parts but i can get good workouts with them. Actually i have a few pictures I will add to facebook. Nothing too exciting. I have a rat that is visiting me every night, so i am going to try to get a cat. Plus the girls here have cats and I kind of like cats now.

Ok my friends computer is almost dead. Maybe I'll try to add a comment from my phone. Peace and Love


Jimmy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your update Only 18 mos remaining and USA bound. Miss ya Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Mom i would not start counting months. Yoda says, impossible to see the future is! Whats up with Johnny?

I wanted to add a funny story or something but i cant think of anything worth writing. Love Jimmy

Anonymous said...

glad to have an update and see things are going well still and that you have found your way out of your boredom ru t. does it get really cold there or just colder then you have gotten used to. stay safe!
a

Anonymous said...

Hi Jimmy,

Ewwww...rats again eh? You better get a cat. I went to go see your cousin Josh's play...The Full Monty...it was great. He was happy to see me and thanked me for coming to see it. Glad all is well with you. Love Linda Santos