Saturday, July 2, 2011

Good, I hate long waits

This is from Thursday. One of my students is here learning to use my computer. He is one of the students who wanted an American girlfriend, so Ashley agreed to be his pen pal. I told him to practice by typing her a letter. So after about fifteen minutes i go check on him. He has not ever finished his first sentence. I had to step outside to laugh, he knows English pretty well but has never used a computer before. Ashley you got a letter coming soon. Im going to send it from my email.

Most of the rest was earlier this morning, Saturday. And i stole most of it from an email i sent to Jodi.

Im sitting on the side of the road waiting for a ride. A few cars and trucks drove by but all have been full so far. Hopefully one will pick me up sooner than later. Not much new here. I read Life of Pi. It was a really enjoyable read and had a crazy ending. School is getting better and better. I have been lifting and running the last couple weeks pretty consistant. Im going to run the second half of a marathon with a friend. Ok here comes and truck hopefully it picks me up...

What do they say? Hope in one hand and poop in the other, and see what one fills up first. Or something like that. Well im going to keep hoping. I didnt get picked up by the way.

Well after two hours and no rides. I find myself on a train. This actually works out much better. It is a cargo train and only takes two hours. So should be four hours from the time i left my house. Im standing up in the cockpit with four other people hitchin and one of them is another teacher at my school. Well i hope this dude's odometer is broken or we speed up soon because we are not on pace for two hours. We just almost took out a cow crossing the tracks. It was a little scary watching and feeling the train rock over the tracks from here. Ok i think that is about it for now. Maybe ill have something exciting after this weekend. Peace love and do good things

Jimmy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome i will check my email for my new bfs letter. seems like things are going well had an awesome time over the fourth with jod and jon at bens house. miss you jim!
a