Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid


02Feb2011 THE RAT
            I had a rat try and crawl in bed with me this morning. I heard and felt something hitting to my pillow so I pulled the mattress and there was a rat in the corner of my room under my bed. So I tried to chase him out but there was nowhere for him to escape so I had to chase him out my door. He was running back and forth across my bed frame. Finally I got him or her out. And it runs into Forrest room, haha, my bad. This is about 530 or 6am also. So I was a little tired and did not think where the rat was going to go next. So then we had to find and chase it out of Forrest’s room which is pretty messy, perfect place for a rat. Finally we track him down and chase him out and then he runs around our living area for a while before we can get her to leave. Not the worse way to start my day but whatever.

08Feb2011 Day to day
            So I teach 18 hours a week. I have two classes of 11th and 12th grade. One each in the morning and at night. So some of my free time goes to preparing for class. Then the rest of the day is spent reading, cooking, playing music, working out, studying Portuguese, walking to the market, and playing on my phone if it has power. And overall trying to integrate and become part of the community.
            We have a decent variety of food here. Lots of rice, beans, bread, and noodles. Lots of tomatoes, onion, garlic, and potatoes. Not too much different that back home for me. Lots of mangoes and bananas. The mangoes are so good here, im going to cry when they go out of season. Sometimes when can get pineapple, cabbage, green pepper, and I found some oatmeal in Xai Xai. That was so awesome to eat! I miss my oatmeal in the morning. But I can buy it here just have to stock up when I find it. So my diet is good. Then maybe once a week I eat a huge bag of cookies.
            I think that about covers my day to day life. There is a lot of stuff I want to write about but my mind is blank right now. 

Peace, love, and do good things
Jimmy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jimmy :)
glad to read your update. how is the new language coming? is it hard to write/read or speak? im scared there might be spiders in my bed so a rat would scare the shit out of me! glad you enjoying your class. stay safe!
ashley

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley, language is coming along. I can communicate better and better. It is just not easy for me, i have to keep trying and studying to remember things

Anonymous said...

RATS OH MY! ! ! ! ! IN THE ATTIC I COULD HANDLE, BUT NOT ON THE BED FRAME. LOL NICE TO SEE YOUR UPDATE GLAD YOU FINALLY GOT SOME OATMEAL. DID YOU GET YOUR PACKAGE YET? LOVE & MISS YA MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi Jimmy,

I wrote you last night to tell you Happy Belated Birthday! I am not computer savvy...I see it didn't get on your blog, so I will try again. Maybe I didn't choose an identity is why you didn't receive it. I also commented on the rat..I hate rats, mice and snakes...I would of been the one that ran out the door not the rat! Glad to hear things otherwise are going well for you.

Love & Peace, Linda Santos