Saturday, October 16, 2010

Size matters not, ... Look at me. Judge me by size, do you?

Im using one of my friend’s computers at this bar, Casa dos Dois. This is what they call a man’s second home here, not sure if it is a joke name or not.

Everything is going well. Portuguese is coming along and everything else is fine. That is my only problem not being able to communicate very well. But it is not bothering me. I try to study as much as possible. But I am just not that good at remembering words or grammar.

Random highlights and stuff over the last couple weeks

Lighting and rain storms and pretty cool. They light the sky up pretty good

Crazy changes in temperature. It went from like 90’s to 40’s in two days. And the mud is insane. It gets dark early here too.

We rode chapas, the taxis here, they are packed really tight. So travels will be interesting here

I take my ukulele al over and everyone loves it. Lots of kids following me playing the Air Uku.

Flushing the toilets is fun. You fill up a bucket and just poor the water into the toilet.

My friend and neighbor Ali got her shoes stolen last night.

O and we all cooked with our mom’s last night in our language groups. It was fun and crazy. Playing random games and singing kids songs. Well that is good for now. Peace and do good things everyone!


Love Jimmy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

told you your ukulele would make you plenty of friends,guess you still have your tuners, hows your ear improving, learn any new songs Portuguese or Mozambiquin, hey don't feel bad I have been here 64 years and I am still having probems with grammer,language, and words man theres alot them, must be hundreds. what do you drink when your at the Casa Dos Dois? what make are the Chapas? how come you never answere any of the questions I ask you? I like my new
office at NMHS people are really friendly. read any good books lately? get my letter yet? seen any wild beast? is it true Mozambique is the woodcarving capitol of the word, surf boards and turtles I thought that was the
way everyone flushed the toilet,what else would that bucket in the bathroom be used for
the Force is strong with you James
Love the Oldman

Anonymous said...

Jim,
Sounds like a great experience so far. We look forward to your post. You talk about your new brothers and mother, do you have a host "OLD MAN"? What is the house like you'r living in? Have you taken any pics? Is it heavily populated in the area your in? ANyways, im gonna write you a letter this weekend. So take care. Peace and Love, Johnny

ashley said...

jimmy! glad to hear things are going good down/over around there :) it has been getting dark early here too. dont worry about learning the language by the time you come back you will have to relearn english! stay safe
ashly

Anonymous said...

Love getting your updates. Atleast you can communicate with your other PC volunteers. Be safe and may the force be with you. Love and miss ya MOM

Anonymous said...

Dude - you are crazy. You always were a free spirit and did what you wanted. Good on ya! Best of luck brother. Go forth, do great things and keep in touch.

By the way, you're making me look bad.

Bowles